Thrive, a women’s whole-body program at Get Fit Davis and Get Fit Davis Sport, will launch Thrive Always, a new fitness, nutrition and wellness program for active aging, on Monday, July 10.
Thrive Always is a total-body approach to aging well. This holistic program is for women and men ages 55 and over and features:
* Fitness focused on strength and resistance training, core, balance, flexibility and recovery;
* Nutrient-dense foods to fuel an active lifestyle; and
* Wellness activities to rest, energize and feel better.
Thrive’s simple, sustainable approach includes:
* One-on-one goal-setting plus a full-body assessment;
* Three weekly small-group total-body workouts (learn correct form and proper technique);
* Personalized at-home workouts;
* Weekly tips and recipes featuring nutrient-dense foods to keep your body strong, mind sharp and energy levels high;
* Mindful practices; and
* Weekly coach-athlete check-ins.
The program’s philosophy, “Move well. Feel well. Live well,” will support people new to fitness to seasoned athletes looking to progress to the next level, said Amy Spence, coach and owner.
Thrive Always will kick off its inaugural eight-week session on Monday, July 10. Classes will be offered at 7 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays and 8 a.m. Saturdays, or 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 8 a.m. Saturdays. All classes are at Get Fit Davis Sport, 1809 Picasso Ave.
Thrive Always is open to the public, and the first class is free. Members of Get Fit Davis and Get Fit Davis Sport receive a price break.
Spence created and launched Thrive more than two years ago to help women of all ages and abilities realize and achieve their fitness, nutrition, and wellness goals. After seeing women’s life-changing journeys through Thrive and listening to the needs of community members, Thrive Always was born.
“Every week our coaching staff receives questions about how to begin strength training, how to progress one’s current programming, or how to eat right to live well amid aging challenges such as decreased core strength, balance, bone density and metabolic function,” Spence said.
“Thrive Always is the answer to not just combatting these challenges, but thriving in our 50s, 60s, 70s and beyond.”